Enjoy sets out investment plans for municipal properties

ICR 190 LATAM ENJOY
Novomatic 0406 LB
Share this article

Chile-based Enjoy has informed its shareholders that it plans to invest as much as $116.7m over the next two to three years in the municipal casinos in Viña del Mar, Pucon, Coquimbo, and Puerto Varas.

“We’re very happy with this result, which allows us to consolidate our position as market leader in Chile and renew our commitment to each one of these cities,” said Enjoy’s general manager, Gerardo Cood, speaking after the company won the licences for the four venues.

Enjoy is looking to invest $31.8m in the largest casino, Viña del Mar. Of this total, 84 percent will be allocated to the renewal of slot machines, while the remaining 16 percent will be used to develop new VIP lounges and renovate the property’s restaurant and bar.

Novomatic 0406 LB

In Pucón, the firm plans to invest $31m over a three-year period. 66 percent of this will be used to update the venue’s slot machines, while the remaining 34 percent will be allocated for remodelling work on the hotel.

In Coquimbo, Enjoy will invest $29.4m over three years. 70 percent of this figure will be used to renew the property’s slot machines and 30 percent will be allocated to the remodelling of the casino’s interior and exterior, in addition to extending its smoking terrace and creating a new events space.

In Puerto Varas, where Enjoy edged out Sun Dreams in the licence tender, the company expects to invest $24.5m. Of this amount, 48 percent will go towards purchasing new slot machines and 52 percent will go towards remodelling the hotel and integrating it with the new casino.


Share this article
Novomatic 0406 LB