Hollywood Casino Jamul is to open its doors in San Diego next week, supporting 1,000 permanent jobs for the indigenous population.
[dropcap]P[/dropcap]enn National Gaming announced yesterday that Hollywood Casino Jamul, San Diego, which it developed on behalf of the Jamul Indian Village of California, will open its doors to the public on Monday 10 October, 2016.
JIV and Penn National recently received final approval from the National Indian Gaming Commission for Penn National to manage the facility. In addition, JIV intends to proceed with the approximately $460m refinancing of the project, which was recently the subject of a declination letter from the NIGC.
Timothy J. Wilmott, president and CEO of Penn National, commented, “We are grateful to the Jamul Indian Village for giving us the opportunity to build this spectacular regional entertainment destination and are honored to serve as the manager of their facility and to help them realize their goal of becoming economically self-sufficient.
We are grateful to the Jamul Indian Village for giving us the opportunity to build this spectacular regional entertainment destination and are honored to serve as the manager of their facility and to help them realize their goal of becoming economically self-sufficient
“Hollywood Casino, which created more than 1,200 construction jobs and approximately 1,000 permanent jobs, is the closest gaming facility to downtown San Diego and we look forward to providing our guests an unparalleled entertainment, gaming and dining experience.”
Conveniently located on State Route 94 approximately 20 miles from downtown, Hollywood Casino Jamul – San Diego features an earth tone color palette and downcast lighting, allowing it to blend better with the surrounding area. The facility also features an eight-story below ground parking garage that accommodates 1,800 vehicles and eight dining and entertainment venues, including:
- Tony Gwynn’s Sports Pub: San Diego-legend Tony Gwynn’s first restaurant, featuring memorabilia from his collegiate and professional baseball careers
- Final Cut Steak & Seafood: A contemporary American steakhouse serving USDA Wagyu and Prime Beef, fresh local seafood, and an extensive wine list
- Loft 94: A unique indoor/outdoor casual restaurant and beer garden with 48 rotating craft beers on tap emphasizing San Diego’s finest breweries
- Emerald Chinese Cuisine: San Diego’s premiere dim sum and Cantonese style restaurant is bringing their popular dishes to East County for the first time
- Tres Taqueria: A local legend featuring some of southern California’s best tacos and burritos
- Pizza Port: Die-hard fans of this San Diego County institution can now grab a slice at Hollywood Casino Jamul – San Diego.
“On behalf of our more than 1,000 team members – the vast majority of whom were hired locally – we are truly excited this day has finally arrived and we can’t wait to open our doors and begin providing world class entertainment and customer service,” said Richard St. Jean, general manager of Hollywood Casino Jamul. “I want to thank the Jamul Indian Village for entrusting my team with this responsibility. We are committed to working to realize the full promise of this economic engine.”