The Seychelles Financial Services Authority has chosen Gaming Laboratories International to perform a wide-ranging advisory project.
The goal of the advisory engagement is to assist the FSA by facilitating the most efficient and effective oversight of the three gambling activities the Seychelles currently administers.
GLI has been working with the FSA since 2016, previously conducting training and on-site inspection of gaming devices and systems.
“We are very pleased to have earned the ongoing trust of the FSA. As we move forward with this new advisory agreement, our professionals will apply their global expertise to ensure we meet the FSA’s goals of ensuring integrity, transparency, and consumer protections,” said Devon Dalbock, general manager of GLI Africa.
Over the next 12 months, GLI will provide crucial services to the FSA that will help the agency ensure controlled growth and maintaining of the public trust.
- reviewing existing gaming legislation and related policy documents;
- creating a report outlining a proposed regulatory framework;
- drafting gaming legislation;
- generating a proposed gaming regulatory agency staffing structure;
- reviewing existing gaming technical standards and drafting technical standards for each mode of gambling;
- providing support during the legislative process.
The agreement is the latest in a long series of successes for GLI throughout Africa. Jurisdictions across the continent continually turn to GLI for testing, certification, training, and services in land-based gaming, digital gaming, sports betting, and lottery.